Welcome, visitor! [ Register | Loginrss

Scams on Match.com

Scams on Match.com

Dating site description

Match.com pioneered the Internet dating industry, launching in 1995 and today serves millions of singles in 24 countries. Match.com continues to redefine the way single men and single women meet, flirt, date and fall in love, proving time and again that you can make love happen through online dating and that lasting relationships are possible.

If you had ever suffered from scammers’ actions on match.com, post your report here in order to prevent other people from being scammed.
Romance scams, nigerian, dating scams on match.com.

Comments

comments

No Tags

1253430 total views, 21 today

326 Responses to “Scams on Match.com”

1. Txwon1224yahoo.com aka dave Williams
    match.com scammed telephone no 2348038040394
    Same song n dance. Parents killed left him lots of $. Wife left him n son. Now antiques dealer in Nigeria got robbed n can’t pay customs …

(Quote)

2. I was approached in Match.com by a “Joshua Lopez” supposed US Army Sgt in Iraq, widowed, 12 year old daughter staying in Guana, I believed this hook line an sinker for two days until today he asked me for money then nothing made sense after that, I refused said he/she was a scammer etc so that’s that. too bad to because the pics were real cute and I honestly thought I might have had something there. Never give your money to someone on the internet that is just plain crazy, I even called him a nigerian scammer. Supposedly from Ohio I said, “Who is the nfl start team in Cleveland?” and he said “Akron” LOL nuff said..

(Quote)

3. His name is Mike A Jones (mjonez111yahoo.com), originally in Sweden, orphaned and raised by foster parent in UK. Son is Caleb, 19 yrs old, living with inlaws in UK after wife died 3 years ago. Left after 3 weeks on Match.com. Yes, deleted his post, undying love, ecards but said had no internet, told him to get lost but don’t think he received since just today new cell number and text. It felt wonderful but not willing to part with my money for anyone, let alone a man I have never met. If sounds too good to be true, well it is! Another source to check pics is tineye or google image…also do reverse IP searches from emails. Change your passwords (all of them) and don’t let them bully or blackmail you!

(Quote)

4. Just had this happen on Match and on WAYN…Zeed Adams with young daughter named Barbra. Claimed to be Israeli but in Nigeria to get a contract with the government oil company. Michael B. Smith claims he lives in Chicago, but is on his way to Ghana to do a deal with Alluvial Gold. Another man just starting writing me on WAYN. The first thing that threw me off was that they ‘love’ me immediately! Ready to get married and pledge love forever to someone they have never seen! Hope we can slow this down by spreading the word.

(Quote)

• I think we have the same scammer. guy with young daughter named Barbra. Claimed to be Israeli Can we exchange pictures?

• Mary,
      I think we had the same scammer. Guy with young daughter but claimed he was Israeli and wife died in childbirth. Do you have any pictures?

(Quote)

• on second thought, I don’t want to see any pictures, i’m just going to drop it. It’s not worth the heartache I got so attached to the man and little girl in the pictures but i’m just going to have to forget them. And go on with my life it’s causing me too many problems I’m not going to pursue it any further

(Quote)

• What did he and the little girl look like? I may be communicating with the same guy. ???

(Quote)

• The little girl is a beautiful blue-eyed child with a lot of thick, blonde hair. She looks about 2-2.5 years old. The guy…..tall, slim build, brown hair & eyes, straight, white teeth, great smile, long sideburns, really good looking…..but not in a conventional kind of way; kinda big nose, feet and hands. Sometimes his hair in front is combed straight up. In the pictures, he looks like he adores the little girl.
          Kind of hard to place accent, most likely fake. Did you see a picture of him in a red shirt sitting in front of his computer?

(Quote)

• In some of the pictures his hair has a reddish tint, and he looks like he has a light complexion. Does this sound like the same guy???

• Dear Roblyn,

I just finished my lifetraining with him …… I got to know him on the 4. of November, and just wrote him a goodbye after long weeks of talking, calling and sending pictures and a lot of money. Zeed Nikos Adams with a little daughter but in my case he called her Lucy. Her mother died when she was born. So we shared this experience in the same time. I just wanna say to you – dont be ahsamed of what you did – i think we all are human beings looking for love and for the feeling to be loved and this man – whoever he is – used just this. U are not alone. I am not ashamed of what happend but I gave it up now. Its part of my life and I decided to do that – but now I decide to go on with my life and with my full energy cause this man (and it must not be the one on the photos) is not worth that I get depressive …..Take care and I wish u to believe in your life and to find what you are looking for….

(Quote)

• I think when you get attached to the real people in the pictures it is normal to want to find them but in reality it would only upset them and then they will be angry at you instead of the scammers. I need to just count my losses as life experience and move on. They couldn’t do anything about their pictures being used anyway. And these people never get caught. I’m just lonely with a lot of time on my hands but I need to find something healthier to do than keep thinking about this. It is leading me into more depression.

(Quote)

• I fell for the seductive voice as well as the pictures, and now I can’t even remember how the voice that I was so anxious to hear sounded. I am in a very dark place, more depressed and lonely, and now added is humiliation and being ashamed of myself for losing control of my judgment and common sense. I understand how people can hurt themselves over these guys, for someone like me especially, who already has the right pills. It would just be like falling asleep and not waking up. I would not wish this feeling on anyone

(Quote)

• I met the same person. This guy does not deserve you, he is an awful person and what he did to you wais wrong…but you can’t base your happiness in one person. Be strong and learn from this experience. ..do don’t give up

• Laurie engels on September 6, 2014 @ 1:00 am

You actually met with him nikos Adams ? I’ve been talking to him he’s telling me his he wsnts me to be his wife how much he loves me can’t live without me but csnt come to me unless I help support him when k told him I fifmh hsve the money he actually said to me if you want to bd with me forever yoh tdke risks don’t pay some bills if that’s what it takes for our love . . He is actually making me feel do quilty. I will never send a dime

(Quote)

• Hope you are feeling better now!

(Quote)

5. Look out for 2 women. one goes by Tope Claire Williams and the other Sandy Gordon. Both have very similar stories. Parents were killed and they have nobody left in this world. Both live in the US and are self employed but working in Nigeria. Neither have a return ticket to the US but will be back in a week or two. When you ask where they are stay they give you a name of a hotel but there is not one there by that name. Only one has asked for money because she was waiting for a check to clear the bank. She was very insistent that it be $100 dollars. I thought match would be a safe place but I am seeing that it is not either.

(Quote)

• i was scammed by tope claire williams
      has anyone else been scamed.
      beware she is a very good thief!!!|
      dont fall for her

(Quote)

• I think its going on with me right now the name is arlenelines24@yahoo.com and she says she is volunteering in Nigeria and needed me to send $240 to her for food….but nothing added up…her English was so bad on common words and told me how much she loved me and wanted to start a new life with me when she got back home in 2 weeks.

(Quote)

6. I was contacted over a year ago by Deborah Foxx in a chat room. Supposedly she is a clothing designer and was born in LA now living in Lagos. Like a idiot I fell for her and the future plans of moving to USA to be with me. I sent her money and when she asked me to loan her over $10k I refused. She said that once you she moved here and started her business that I would get paid back. She goes by the name Deborah Foxx2007.

(Quote)

7. These scamsters aren’t that good if they can get caught out. They overtake themselves. If he doesnt want to cam after the first chat, boot him, no matter how charming he is. As for the guys claimin to be in the military, just dont respond. A load of hogwash

8. linda morgan on June 19, 2012 @ 9:59 am

everyone…watch for michael fingers on match.com. He contacted me and I exchanged 5 emails with him before I knew definitely he is a scammer. Says he’s from Fresno an the rest of the story is similar. He never even got my name. I am sorry for the person whose picture he stole.
    I hope I can help someone else. L

(Quote)

9. Barry Boughton, George Hennessey,Mark Johnson, Richard Russell. All have posed as widowers on match.com, all working abroad. I have been asked for IPhone, IPad and money. I told them to call Apple store and order it themselves. I would give them the number. They can be very smooth, make their way into your life and act real. Say the right things. Don’t fall for it, if a man isn’t willing to meet you and see in person within a short time its not real. Lots of scammers out there.

(Quote)

10. Samuel Panzio contacted me through Match.com. I got suspicious right away as he came on way too strong so I asked him not to contact me anymore. When I did a search on his name I found out he was scamming tons of women so please please ladies, don’t fall for this, there are tons of evil men out there who will stop at nothing to bilk you out of money. They are vultures preying on naive trusting people.

(Quote)

11. Yes tell your friend to contact me and there is another lady that i talk to that was scammed by him also. He really is a scumbag. I would like to hear the story that he is telling her. He must telling her he loves her by now

(Quote)

12. My friend is being contacted by this tristan freeman…what can she/should she do? Hasn’t asked for $ yet…Thanks…
    Debbie, can I give my friend your email address? Is it from the earlier post…xenchick@hotma il.com? Thanks. She really wants to talk to anyone who has been in contact with tristan freeman to compare emails and pics.

(Quote)

13. Match scam from a UK man named Tristan Freeman claims to ave a daughter named Fantel, Had a pic of posted of a darkhaired man and a young girl.Email is tristan.f1961yahoo.com. First he tried to get me to send him a blackberry phone that his poor child lost at the airport when he was traveling for a work contract to south africa. Then he wanted 3200usd for a tax problem. Now he wants 1350usd for blood for a transfusion or his daughter will die in 24 hours. Any one heard of him I would like to compare stories. Since I said NO to all his demands he calls me a lesbian and says I sleep with pigs. He claimed he was taking me to Paris next month andall this other junk.

(Quote)

• Hi Debbie, my mom has been contacted by this Tristan. Totally same script. Oil drilling contract at Cape Town blah blah blah… Contacting my folks at 419eater.com so he gets a proper scam bait.

(Quote)

14. I was scammed also via Match.com. the guy claimed to be italian, working in london as an engineer, but then relocated to Nigeria. he had a similar story about losing his wife in a car accident. His email is felixcole007@ya hoo.com…When all this happened, i was unfamiliar with the 419 scams from Lagos Nigeria. I was ripped off for a lot of money by his manipulative sad stories and declarations of love, etc…I thought i was just helping someone in need…until it was too late. as time went on i got really angry at his demands for money and he caught on to my suspicions. I believe he might have contacts in Atlanta Ga. and in Canada…please please be very cautious of needy pleas from these evil people. I just watched Chis Hanson tonight revealing the same type of scammers…it is so similar…the only difference in my case, was through a dating site…I hope the FBI etc…will take these thieves down!!!!!

(Quote)

15. Did anyone see the show on 20/20 about 2 weeks ago regarding match.com and scams. The fact is that they traced a few of the scammers and they found them in Nigeria, all in a room with laptops, scamming people. They called themselves, “Men at Work” Also, the 6 men who tried to scam me but did not succeed all asked me to wire money western union and to where? Well where else? Nigeria. So I am not bigoted, its just facts here that we present. Its a sad thing that the people in that country resort to such means. There are criminals everywhere, all over our world but on this website, at this time , we are addressing nigerian scammers. However, I think we are all aware that there is a problem with Russians, Ukrainians and other countries as well. So I am just go to keep on warning my friends on here everytime I get a scammer. And as for meeting people online or in person. I chose Eupope because the thought of meeting someone from overseas is intriguing. Being far should not be a problem.

16. gypsyflite on June 14, 2012 @ 12:46 pm

as i am studying these postings of warnings…all 3 of those loser scammers from MATCH.COM are reported. How do we get MATCH.com which is a subsidary company of YAHOO to be accountable? Who helps the consumer? How do these scammers get their profiles —- it costs over $100 to join…there is something that needs to be monitored and penalized. Does Anyone have any suggestions? A petition – a class action – there must be a legal way to make these dating sites accountable LEGALLY to impede these fraudsters from taking people’s hardearned money.

(Quote)

• I would love to talk to Gypsyflite because we had the same scammers. Please contact me on here. I would like to compare notes. It seems he has been trying to use us both at the same time. And now ladies I think it time we take a stand on Match.com. I have had maybe one real man talk to me on there. The rest have been obviously scammers. So pathetically real that I had to just delete them and laugh. I have learned though that they are some of the most evil, deceptive people in this world. They are relentless, heartless and will say anything to keep you wrapped up in their sick little deceptive plan. Fortunately I never gave anyone any money but those poor women out there who have I can understand why it happened. It is truly believable stuff but pure evil. I am so sick of this and I hope some of you others will help me to devise a plan to put a stop to it because match.com just doesn’t seem to care. I still see some of the profiles I have reported up there. Very sad indeed.

(Quote)

• I Agree…If you find out any info on how to get our money back from Match, I would love to know. After reading all of these posts and getting scammed myself, I definitely would be in for whatever action needs to be taken. Thank you!

(Quote)

• I myself would love to know as I as well got scmmed by someone on Match.com, then after the fact I had seen him twice on Match sent them an email nver got anything back..

(Quote)

• i got scammed out of 28,000.00 i would love to sign a petition or better yet, find a lawyer to represent me in sueing match.com….people that have been scammed need legal representation…i reported it to internet fraud and the F.B.I. more than 2 months ago…nothing has happened. People need to take a stand against match.com…I would love to be the person to set a legal presidence against this fraudulent company.

(Quote)

• Hi Michelle, I totall agree I was scammed at over 100G and got no help what so ever, I did so much investigating myself and I know he ( they) continue to scam so many people. If you do get a petition going please let me know.

17. susansmith11 on June 14, 2012 @ 12:46 pm

Man named William on match.com using various cities. Is in Africa right now as a contractor. Cant spell or speak englise. Blonde with a 7 year old boy. Parents both dead, wife with cancer and abusive blah blah blah. Watch out for new Match members. If the english does not add up stop communicating with them. I reported him to Match twice yesterday and he is still on. Goes by mytype2011 and wheredoistart4r m for NM. Made the mistake of creating 2 listings. First Email he sent starts like this: Thanks for the email. I am interested in getting to know YOU better… I am games free, No lies, cheat, even little-white lies…all cards on the table or nothing at all…! These are just a few of the things I stand for in a relationship… Next email I will like to know more about you and learn somethings with you.. I’ll be taking my profile off here today so write me directly to my yahoo instant messenger address which is Dtymazcom or private email address W.fulloffaith@gma il.com

18. Lisa Lymn on June 7, 2012 @ 9:53 am

Beware of Italian/american David Michael from brooklyn Ny. Claims he’s a christian. I only spoke with him for less than 2 weeks. He sweet talked me from Match.com. Finally spoke with him after 2 days, very heavy accent. He said he was going to nigeria on a missions trip for 3 weeks. His phone #’s don’t check out. He wanted me to send him a magic jack.. Promised his undying love for me and marriage. His email is dmichaelworld@yahoo.com

19. Jill Zona on June 7, 2012 @ 9:33 am

Another one on Match.com. Danny Williams da.will1965yahoo.com. Scammed me for 7k and 3k in electronic equipment that has been confiscated by customs in Cape Town, South Africa. He is single with 7 year old daughter, Zara. He is an only child and both parents dead. Lives in UK with a home in Phoenix , AZ.
    I reported to Match.com that I was concerned I was being scammed. Their response was there is nothing wrong with helping a loved one needing financial help. I hold them responsible for contributing to the problem that they clearly know that have with scammers.

(Quote)

20. Does anyone know of scammers with the names Fred Harrison, James margin or collins mour? I met these three also on match.com and they wanted my username and password to my match account . I wouldn’t give it to them so they stopped talking to me. I believe they are nigerian scammers. I have yet to meet a man that’s not a scammer on there. I have reported them to match.com as well

(Quote)

• A James Morgan chatted with me and quickly told me to contact him on his yahoo account. His story was that he was widowed, had two sons, one 8 years old and the other older, said he lived in Harrisburg, Pa and was in love with me within 3 days. He called me his “baby boo” or “my queen”. He said we will meet in due time, not quite yet…..etc. He said he was born in Italy. We had no phone conversation. After I detected he was a fraud and confronted him he pleaded with me to not hurt him…blah blah. A few days later another picture of a man with the same story approached me. Both were on Jdate and neither were jewish.

21. match.com
    just pegged another nigerian scammer
    uses name james and match profile gentleheart8900
    profile says he is in avon mass. usa but then he says hes going to africa- trades timber and lo and behold when I lied and said I donate money to charity- all of a sudden he was working on building a log home for charity
    I saved the IM conversation and lo and behold it is the same IP address for the guy from match.com ikissu2 who tried to scam me 2 days ago
    This is the computer adress that the scammers is usuing- it shows up as this when you save the IM conversation
    4JpEjG4rSs3e6g6

22. to CK
    if his name is michael west and has a daughter and a wife that cheated on him with his best friend. RUN. This guy has aliases and fake white page addresses set up in Florida and Minnesota also. He says he is a gemstone dealer and buys antiques. Then he will tell u he needs money for customs and taxes, hotel bill,etc.. Finally confessed after 2 months and $4,000 dollars later that he was a 21yo scam artist. Be very careful. The picture he uses is a blonde haired, slight balding guy with 2 little girls, one with him in a tux, and one with blue shirt and denim jeans and sunglasses, one by a car, one by the water.

• Maria,
      Do you still have the photos of this person? The pictures sound like the ones I received from a person using another scammer name.
      I would be interested to see if the pictures of the person who tried to scam me are the same pictures you received.

Although the name of my would be scammer used a different name other things sound familiar.
      Would love to see pictures if you still have.
      Thanks
      Deb

(Quote)

• Hi Maria, do you pictures of this guy. I am wondering if he is Jasonarch200. Thanks!

(Quote)

23. Just talked to a guy named Michael on Match.com uses profile ikissyou2 46yrs bluefield WV USA says he is in nigeria buying antiques for someone- i just got the gut feeling that he was part of these scams as this same thing happened to me last week on plenty of fish
    Beware-

(Quote)

24. Hi, I feel the need to tell everyone of three email addresses that tried to scam me that I met on Match.com that I didn’t fall for . They are: Avel Colin at Colinavel@yahoo .com, Scott Whelen at sbw1945iyahoo.com and Alex Desmond at Desmondalex47@y ahoo.com also known as Desmondalex@yah oo.com. They all professed their undying love for me and they all had daughters, all were working in Nigeria and all asked for money. I have deleted them all. It is very discouraging and sad. Thank goodness I didn’t fall for any of it.

25. Melinda Mier on June 2, 2012 @ 10:47 am

I was just targeted by someone off of match.com claiming to be: James Markison, he said he was visiting his mother in Nigeria; claiming she has cancer. (Which is terrible, considering I was actually telling him how my father just passed away from cancer) he claimed to absolutely love children and he has an 8yr old son named “Jeff”…although he never likes to talk about him. He always calls me “angel” and “babe”.
    I am extremely happy that my instincts are right on target, I had a terrible feeling about this “person” he seemed way too good to be true…he instantly wanted me to be his girlfriend and told me he fell in love just seeing my pictures. I expressed my concern about him being fake…he then gave me a long long number to call him; I said no. He then asked for my phone number and called me. We chatted very late at night and then today he texted me in the middle of the afternoon…my suspicions got the best of me so i googled “fake match profile”…uploaded his pictures..scam!

26. Another one on Match.com Frank Greene
    Devineblessings 4 and newdecision50@y ahoo
    Dont get caught up, this one is a charmer.

(Quote)

27. Hi I was just about to send money, then got suspious, he goes by the name romancekingjay on match and his name is Jason Vzilesky. He claims he is from Edmonton, and had to go to London for business and where is daughter is, he says his daughters mother died at child birth and when I asked for his personal information and address he did not respond. He said he loves me only after we started talking only 4 days and wrote me a poem, lol. I am not stupid, but went along with it, but knew the warning signs when he said he got jumped and needed money to come home, ya right! I tried to call a number, but was not in service. please, I hope someone also had connection with him and I did not get scammed, but probably did.

(Quote)

28. anyone out there had an experience with a woman on Match.com recently whose profile name was jehlink 998. she gave her hometown as being in Maine, but now that we have made contact she is telling me she’s in Nigeria??she hasn’t asked for anything yet, but I want to know if anyone else has made contact with her. her profile photo looks incredible, but now I’m beginning to wonder.

(Quote)

29. on match.com is a scammer under soulwinning2011. His name is Michael West, he may have changed it because I report him to this site all the time. His first sentence says it all, he wants only to meet people that will get off match quickly. He is a 21yo scammer, phone 2347052130512. I reported him to match but they are not interested and this loser keeps getting back on. He is slick and will take his time. He is listed in reverse whits pages under Michael West and has an address in brandon Florida and Indianapolis. If you ask him he knows nothing about the actual areas he says he lives in. be careful.

(Quote)

30. on match.com is a newmeatthis2011. This is a known scammer. he used to go by Michael West at adventuredesert @yahoo.com. He states he is a gemstone dealer and cannot pay his taxes for shipping to get home. He is slick and also happens to be a 21year old scammer. He says he has a daughter emily and his parents are dead and wife cheated on him with best friend. I am sure he has changed the names. He then will tell u he lives in minneapolis when you figure out he is not from Brandon at all. He has two fake addresses set up thru white pages. Please be careful. I have not seen his picture in awhile and it appeared today. I can only assume he took another victim like me. I lost $3000.00 before i figured this out and found this site.

(Quote)

31. I met a guy on match.com. He then quit and gave me his e-mail address at yahoo. I was almost just scammed by a guy who said he was from Berlin Germany. He was a wodower and had a 8 yr old daughter named Julian who was with him. He said he lived in Winterhaven, FL. He was in Nigeria building log cabins. He said he made 2 million dollars and couldn’t cash the check and had no cash. He needed 300.00 to get back home because the hotel wouldn’t give him back his passport unless he paid the bill. He said I should trust him and he was falling in love with me. He got mad at me and said I should trust him even after I sent him some scam emails. He then got ugly and told me to quit “my whining” when I told him to prove he is not a scammer and hung up from the IM. Thank heavens I did not give him any money. Be careful girls! They are very convincing. He goes by the name Robert Steinbrick. Robertsteinbric kyahoo.com
    I wanted to let you all know of the phone # for the guy that goes by Robert Steinrbrick 234-705-211-8837. He goes by awesomeman11match.com but deleted his profile last week. He threatened me and said “he knwos where I am.” I con tacted Nigerian police and FBI and reported him. I suggest everyone does the same. I also e-mailed match.com. They don’t care.

(Quote)

• Thank you so much for the heads up. This guy seems just like you’ve said….I could see it coming. He must really think we’re stupid. He was on chemistry.com for a free weekend. Says he was in Africa showing the people how to build Victorian homes. But also stated that he was only going to be there a couple more weeks and then was coming home to Chicago. Well…..didn’t have enough money for all of his baggage…. I was prepared. “Don’t look here”. LOL

32. not a fool on May 25, 2012 @ 7:47 pm

“Josh Jackson” , is now on match.com under xjnee100 was under shellyyjj10. total fake watch out for him uses german model picutres

(Quote)

33. Hello to “Not A Fool,”

A Nigerian scammer used a similar crappy story to me. Parents died in accident together. Said he worked in Africa as a contrator and blah, blah, blah. I let him play his game until he asked for money, then I confronted him. I blocked him from my PC and phone. These assholes are extreme losers. There’s a reason why God put these preditors in a country that is hot a hell, a lot of dry dirt and no lifestlye to boast about. They can’t leave their town and everyday they pay for there sins.

The phone numbers 234-706-049-7121 & 234-805-707-6604 are numbers that are used in the west side of Africa. The phones are the PAY AS YOU GO (talk). They buy phone cards to add minutes. If you google the number it may lead you to a website that list hundreds of scammers in the Nigerian region and the types of scams they use on US men, women, and banks. I found a weath of information about scammers and how they operate on websites. Thank God for google! : D Everyone please be careful on the dating websites. I no longer use them after I read that 3/4 of people that are profiled are scammers. I like this site because people share information to help others.

Read and look at the grammar when someone contacts you.
    Ask a lot of questions, if it doesn’t feel and sound normal cease contact and move on. The scammer are almost always preying on more than one person, and they do screw what they are saying or writing(emails & chats) at times.

34. not a fool on May 25, 2012 @ 7:40 pm

on match.com. We shared emails and finally cell phone #. He claimed he was looking for someone he could settle down with because he got tired of the games people played with him when he was on dating websites. The guy claimed to be from the UK and moved to the US at 19. He claimed to be a surveyor and was working in Nigeria and would be back in the states
    about 1 week later. He told me that his parents were killed in a car accident when he was 16 and lived in Chantilly, Virginia and was a boss now for the surveying company he worked for. He claims to have been married 2 times his first wife cheated oh him after being married for 11 years and claims she got pregnant by his neighbor. Then he claimed his second wife died of a brain tumor. name he used was Josh Jackson and the 2 phonenumbers he had were +234-706-049-7121 – this number he claimed was his work # and the one he used the most.+234-805-707-6604 His email address is: joshson_jack@yahoo.com

(Quote)

35. Do you have a picture of this Michael Calvert because I recently made an account on match.com and he’s contacted me as well claiming he’s doing construction in Lagos, Nigeria. I would love to know the photo he used for and to warn others.
    Thanks

(Quote)

36. I, too, was scammed by Michael Calvert. He reeled me in hook, line and sinker. When he asked me to send him $1500 I got suspicious and started poking around and found this website with his name right there! I was so shocked! I copied and pasted it and IM’d him and said a few choice words, he immediately ‘updated’ his profile and now is off. What a JERK!

(Quote)

• See, this is where victims of scammers go wrong. I understand your emotions got the best of you so you sent him ”proof.” But what you really did was aide him instead of just warning others and letting him wonder why you stopped talking to him. Scammers hate not knowing why. But you gave him proof and he did what any scammer would do. He updated his profile, most likely got a new fake name and is more aware and will be ”better” at scamming his next victim. Next time you catch a scammer, please just ignore him and post about him on anti-scam sites. Saving even one victim would be worth it.

(Quote)

37. This is sooo bad! I was his victim of the week (okay it was only 2 days) but his story this time, and his name was Michael Calvert, was that his wife died of cancer 5 years ago and he has an 8yr old daughter & is working in Lagos on some job for 3 weeks. He is aaall over the Houston area the last 2 months so beware! I started looking back on these cute 40-48 yr old guys I had winked at and realized they were ALL him, just different pics/stories. Now, 2 days after I cut off communication and he asked me to get off Match so we could “give our relationship time to develop”, he is on there with the SAME PICTURE as 2011_soulmate47. I reported it to Match, but seeing as how this would be bad for business I don’t think they really care.

38. NotScammed on May 20, 2012 @ 10:10 pm

Watch out for Michael Rachman (engmich1111yahoo.com). He is a scam. Claims to be working in Asia and has a 7 year old son, Teddy. Met on Match.com in January 2011.

(Quote)

39. I too like Lynn had the misfortune to be a victim of Andrea Vaart. He is incredibly intelligent and very eloquent. He claims to work for Sony as a computer scientist but is in Benin for a contract. Asked me for $5000 after about 6 weeks. He found me on plentyoffish.com. Again he claims to be a Dutchman from California with an 18 year old daughter named Janice

(Quote)

40. Scammers on Match.com. One by the name of Andrea Vaart, andvaartyahoo.com and also on myspace. Never asked me for money for 7 weeks. I sent him a phone because he said his phone was damaged while traveling in London. Asked me for $7000 and claims to be a Dutchmen living in Woodland Hills, CA but in Benin on business. I think he is in Nigeria.
    Another scammer on Match.com, William Jennyson. Say’s he lives in Fair Oaks, CA and is in Nigeria working as a civil engineer. He has very poor grammer and say’s he has a daugher named Jenny…Jenny Jennyson, yeah right! I reported him to Match.com and he seems to be off the site.

(Quote)

41. met this guy mark yaeger on match.com said he was from north york about 1 hr from me then all of sudden had to go to wales his dad was sick then dad dies then h had to go to dubai then he emailed and said he had accident then he needed money but he was a “big time” money maker LOL then when ididnt send it never heard back from him he said he “loved me i was his princess” and his phone number came up from nigeria said he didnt know why maybe because u are from nigeria LOL was in match.com as whydwaitinggg nice pic feel for the guy he used his pic for and his education didnt add up the school was a school for mechanics not bankers what aholes these guys are

42. Not totally stupid on May 20, 2012 @ 12:49 pm

Jack O. Johnson says from Forest, MS. Auditor bad bad bad.
    Steve Winters from Houston, TX Bad Bad
    Both are on Match.com same person running Nigerian Romance Scam.
    He is good. Uses Yahoo. Pictures are nice. lol
    Beware

43. Beach Girl on May 20, 2012 @ 12:47 pm

I just got scammed from a guy I met on match.com. User name is good_m4u4763, says his name is Michael Fields, email is m.sfieldsyahoo.com. Said he lives in Houston, TX, widowed with 2 kids and is a self-employed contractor working in Nigeria on a project right now. And like an idiot I fell for it. Contact me if you have too.

(Quote)

44. Match.com is full of scam artists. I reported him and they seemed as if they didn’t know anything, said all their peple are verified. Don’t believe it. What he didn’t know is that my father is ex-fbi and I shared every detail of his e-mails and phone numbers he listed with him. My dad also checked out his address, so-called school records and job. No body has ever heard of him. But believe you me he will get caught. My dad is no joke

(Quote)

• I have to agree, Match.com is full of scammers, I would never recommend anyone going on that site

• I agree

james abelard

and

andre archard

BOTH scammers

(Quote)

• It isnt just match.com. Hell I cant seem to find a real live honest to God person on any of these sites that ISNT a scammer. Its so sad.

(Quote)

• I agree , omg just sick of it ! But if something seems to good to be true it is ! These guys prey off of recently divorced recently widowed ! And please ladies never go off the grid until u know them and have gone out with them ! I gave have had more body parts texted to me than I care to mention ! So not only scammers but weirdos ! Argh !

(Quote)

• I agree. I have been on many dating sites in the last 2 years and none of them are scammer-free. I have gotten good at detecting them real quick. It is true….their sentence structure is indicative of a foreigner; they don’t use “I” very much but rather start sentences with “am”. They leave out words that American’s include. They also profuse love quickly and they have a series of frequently asked questions…..they are trying to probe you for how you make decisions….intellectually or emotionally. They want to know if you will be an easy target or a challenge. I can tell you that all I have had to do when a scammer is pursuing me is tell them the story about the one scammer that I contacted the FBI about. Amazingly I will hear a little more from them then they just vanish. Scammers absolutely play on your sympathies. And you have to remember that they will use any means possible to make you feel sorry or compassionate toward their story. Remember that their name is likely NOT John or William or Tom. It is rather Abdul or Aqmed or Jose. They don’t see us as people but as a conquest. And let me tell you a little secret….there is likely some dose of truth in their story, but any sudden tragedy is planned. The process will look something like this: you met online, you talk, he sweet talks you, his profile disappears within a day of finding you, he insists you remove your profile since you are an “item” together now…and that way you can’t see his other activity. Then he talks about when you two will be together but that day never comes. Instead some horrific tragedy befalls him that requires your money to save him. This whole process usually takes maybe a few weeks from start to monetary request. I did have one scammer hooked on me I guess for a year. I never met him but he held onto this ruse for a year. I finally called the FBI on this one. They couldn’t pursue even with all the info I had gather on him because he wasn’t state side….out of their jurisdiction. Also, if you don’t comply with their wishes, they will get mad and angry and will lay a guilt trip on you. Don’t fall for it. Thanks for listening.

(Quote)

• Sadly, theres nothing you can do. Even if you were to pull the real person behind that fake profile, he would more then likely be in Lagos/Africa/Nigeria. There are thousands upon thousands of scammers, scamming people out of thousands every day. (in the US, approximately $100,000 per DAY is sent to scammers.) VERY few are actually caught and prosecuted. The best one can do is inform and educate the public. And also warn others. This scammer will not be caught (read up on nigerian scammers and the goverment and why police don’t take it seriously.. because they no there is very little that can be done. You should go to Romancescam.com — it’s a very good website with very understand people who will give you advice and support. They have been scam-baiting for years. Very smart people.

(Quote)

• does your dad know of a website or a person where these people can be checked out using their phone number, email address, picture or someway to catch them. the background checks online are useless.

(Quote)

45. If you are contacted by toniloves2 on match.com or toni.daniels50 , he is a scammer pretending to be in Nigeria on business with an 8 year old son. he calls and says that he has been robbed and that his son is in acoma. needs money for medicine for treatment. don’t fall for it. He calls from the same number and uses the same email account. he is back on line

46. Pete Burton on May 19, 2012 @ 5:13 pm

On Match.com goes by the name CuddlyHeart Love
    Smooth, gives out tel number but as something attached to it to distort his voice. Plays it smooth. Says he is an independent Cocoa Buyer /Seller for Cadbury Chocs.
    Claims to have a 7 year old daughter Melissa. Goes smoothly, then must fly to Nigeria to inspect the cocoa beans he has purchased. Gets to hotel, but has only credit card, no cash. Hotel wont take credit card, needs you send cash Western Union IMMEDIATELY. Watch out ladies he’s really good with his English writing. He will only do instant messaging no video calls.
    He’s just too good to be true!

47. Renee MacDonald on May 19, 2012 @ 5:11 pm

A friend of mine signed up to match.com. A guy named John, a marine engineer from California started writing her and within days was calling her love and babe. Next he was going to Concontu, Africa on business and he sent her a lap top with web cam. Then he somehow convinced her to put $18,000 on her Discover card for computers and have them shipped to Ghana. The payment went through but the computers didn’t. Discover canceled the card knowing it was fraud but I still don’t think she believes it. The lap top is recording every key stroke and stealing all of her personal information off of her computer. What I don’t understand is how he convinced her to stop using her desk top computer and use the lap top instead. Anyway, he now says he needs $9,000 because his Visa expired and he has to pay a yellow tag fee ?? to be able to leave the country. The saddest thing is she still thinks he is real.

(Quote)

48. A man that my mother met on match.com by the name of Ramon Young is a scammer. Says he is a C.E.O of a company in Fl and had to travel to Africa on business. After talking with her for two weeks, he told her his credit card was stolen and he had no way home. Asking her to send him $800.00 to get home. My mom wasnt stupid! I looked up the name and address he used for the states and found it to be a 65 year old man instead of a 49 year old. My mom gave me the number he would txt her from and when I called it, the man had such a heavy African accent it was ridiculous. He claimed he was a white man from the U.S. Okay! I told him if he ever contacted her again I would report him, so far so good.

(Quote)

49. I WAS SCAMMED BY A [deleted by admin] THRU MATCH.COM, AFTER $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $ LATER, IT WAS TOO LATE. I FILED A POLICE REPORT BUT THEY SAID THEY COULD DO NOTHING LEGALLY BECAUSE HE IS IN BENIN… ANONE FAMILIAR WITH THIS NAME?

• Kitty Gilbert on August 12, 2012 @ 3:18 pm

This remark is so not true and was not posted by me but by a family member. [deleted by admin] is not a scammer. I have know him and trusted him for 3 years and he as been nothing but totally honest and open with me. Please remove this post immediately……..

(Quote)

• THIS IS THE SECOND TIME I AM ASKING YOU TO REMOVE THIS. I DID NOT POST IT………IT IS NOT FAIR FOR THIS MAN TO BE ACCUSED OF SOMETHING HE NEVER DID………..

(Quote)

• I understand you want to make excuses and probably believe this scammer but this scammer does not care about you. All he cares about is using you for money. I don’t think you’re being selfish intentially, you’re probably in denial like many victims of scammers. But the comment isn’t going to stop the scammer and he will go and rob others and continue playing you. Put your foot down. Show him that you aren’t gullable and stupid. Your family know’s and i’m sure they wouldn’t of randomly posted a comment on this site for no reason. They’ve probably tried tell you but you are probably in deep denial. Listen to your mind, not your heart because that’s what the scammer wants you to do.

(Quote)

• I too have been scammed but caught it early enough before he got even more $. My scammer’s name is Jimmy Anderson supposedly from Sweden but in London on a buying trip for his business. He supposedly got in trouble paying his VAT taxes and then having to pay Demurrage on the merchandisewhich are fees because it sat in Customs for all those days. He sent me 3 pictures, is good looking with blue eyes and is 55yrs old. Please let me know if this was the same person. I m going to email him now that I am on to him but want to know if that is him. I know he has done this to at least 1 other woman.

• nancy:
        I too have been scammed but caught it early enough before he got even more $.My scammer’s name is Jimmy Anderson supposedly from Sweden but in London on a buying trip for his business. He supposedly got in trouble paying his VAT taxes and then having to pay Demurrage on the merchandisewhich are fees because it sat in Customs for all those days.He sent me 3 pictures, is good looking with blue eyes and is 55yrs old.Please let me know if this was the same person.I m going to email him now that I am on to him but want to know if that is him.I know he has done this to at least 1 other woman.

I would be interested in if you have a picture of him. I am corresponding with a very nice looking 50 yr old man who claims to be widower and yes demurrage does ring a bell. I have pretty much verified all that he has said but he wanted me to send money to a back for him and while some of the info was correct some was not. I talked to the fraud department at the bank and they had me send all the emails to them. Born UK lived in North Carolina

(Quote)

• I have been scammed by this man big time. Same thing. 3 photos of a very attractive man with blue eyes from Sweden. Can contact me. DO NOT SEND MONEY.

(Quote)

• Please contact me. I have photos. He is good at the scam.

(Quote)

• Contact me if you would like. I have photos.

(Quote)

• Hi, Please let me know if you have any pictures of your scanner. Because I met a man on match.com named Amou Blanch originally from Marsailles , France. He supposedly went to Cape Town South Africa on business. He claimed his laptop was stolen and I sent him the computer to his hotel. He claimed he would pay me back but never has. He claims to be a widow with a seven yr. old. When I refused to send him any more money he got nasty. His code name is Cuddle 2996@talkmatch.com. Do not send anything. This one is smooth and attractive. No joke

(Quote)

• My mom is getting catfished by this amou guy right now and I googled him because I didn’t think he was real.. Thank you for saying something. He is telling her all the same things I’m glad I saw this before she was asked for money.. I’m sorry he got away with it with you.. We are going to think of a way to mess with him now.

(Quote)

• I have been speaking with a man named Jerry Anthony…his story is similar…widower for 10 years, Indiana address but says he is moving to New York.. very cute with blue eyes, says he is an artist. If you ladies are still around, I would love to compare notes…

(Quote)

• Nancy- don’t waste your time on a scammer. Have nothing to do with him.

(Quote)

50. I started talking to a man i met through match.com about 6 months ago. He claimed he used to live by me but was in Nigeria on business and would be back home in a few weeks. Initially he had jewelry he wanted sent back that was worth a lot of money but he needed money to have it sent back here so i agreed like a idiot. He was emailing me telling me how beautiful i was(although hed never saw my picture) and how much in love with me he was. A month later he told me he was done working there and received his check but could not cash it until he got to the states, wed spoken on the phone many times, always on MY bill! So i helped him with a plane ticket that turned out to be fake! He claimed he has NO idea it was fake that someone had attacked him and made him give them the money and set up the scam, claimed hed been hurt bad and was in the hospital, he even had me speak to the so called DR Chikwem who was in on the whole scam! The other man went by simon bengurion. DO NOT GIVE them money

(Quote)

• Bryan Heinrich who live in Bethesda MD hbryan884@gmail.com honestmankey@talkmatch.com contacted me Same story. After chatting me up for one day said he had to leave for Egypt. I told him I am close We could meet before he left. He never showed said his flight was moved up and he had to leave. That flight was sometime after 7:30 pm but he had to be in Egypt for a morning meeting the next day. HUH it takes at least 17 hours to Egypt, Any way he is in Egypt calling me from a 301 number then he send an IM that he needs to get a Sony camera when I ask for the spec he hesitates but I insist, the cameras cost 800.00. I said no and he gets pissed off and signs off He calls the next day and ask for money to put on a cell phone when I ask for the info he gave me http://www.ghanaairtime.com. When I spoke to him on the phone asked about his accent he said he was from Germany grew up in Belgium, but he spoke with an African accent so I immediately got suspicious. When I called him on the inconsistencies he called me stupid. I told him if he is as successful as he claims he is doing a bad job convincing me. He got mad and disconnected from the yahoo messenger and signed off. He is gone now. I am also in contact with another who is using the same playbook and when he called me Maureen I called him out and he quickly said Oh that was my dead wife’s name. The other one is using LukingForLuv123 email is LukingForLuv123@talkmatch.com and michael.antonio1777@hotmail.com. So look out ladies they are still out there.

• I just signed up on match may 2014 had been
      Talking to a man james hugo same kind of story
      After talking a week he had to leave town to
      Finish his project in Africa I questioned him
      The whole time he never had a chance to
      Ask me for money but he did sent me a flight
      Information and copy of a fake pass port
      Ladies please beware of this they are very good
      At what they do they can say all the right things
      They feed off someone who is going thru new
      Divorce or newly widowed please be smart
      Protect your self. I busted him out and he tried
      To say I hurt his feelings. I’m sure I did because
      He got nothing from me

(Quote)

• My God ladies, you can tell a scammer right away. They are very careless with the way they construct their sentences. They write in inconsistent punctuations which show a lack of education, and they immediately profess love at first sight of your photo or use all kinds of romantic words. Those are red flags.

• Lee Waraden on October 4, 2014 @ 4:30 pm

Karma, you are so correct. I just posted of a scam towards me from someone on Match.com. It works both ways. It is so easy to spot them due to poor grammar, and another thing is, they rarely answer questions posed to them. Or, if they do, the answers are vague. Normally, they will continue to write about how much you mean to them, etc., etc., so as to distract from the fact they have not answered your questions.

I’m amazed at the number of women on here that have fallen for these scams. I have to honestly admit, I thought men were the main target, but I see women are also a target.

Hint ladies…….stop falling for those Don Juan, or Chip ‘in’ Dale Calendar photos.

(Quote)

• I just met a man named Anthony Christian on match and he told me he was in Africa and needed money for a plane ticket – after he piled on the romance . I didn’t send him anything and I emailed him back and told him I had called match and had sent his emails to me to a friend in the FBI. Then I told him what a dumbass he was!!! Don’t believe the instant charm or pictures and def call the FBI!!!!

• Hi Nicole!

I just talked to an Anthony Christian too, was he in the Seattle area? 30yr old?
        Said he’s in Africa taking care of his sick aunt? Father just passed away? He contacted me around December 3/4 and then said his subscription was ending and so he gave me his personal email, and started telling me his sob stories. Then last night his profile appeared with a changed user name saying he was in ATL but everything remained the same and still shows up with the history that stays in your feed. Do you think this was the same guy? So sketchy!!! Plus he tried to make me feel bad for calling him out on all of it…

• Linda48:
          Vinnea Austria Scammer – Nathan Russell
          This guy is charming, he writes very long, well worded emails.But in reading his emails it is clear English is not his first language.This is what he says about himself – A little bit about me . Born and raised in ViennaAustria . Studied in the Institute of architecture Vienna . Lived in the states after my studies .My daughter is 15 yrs old , lost her mom 4 yrs ago after which we moved from Chicago to be closer to my best friend and his family who live few minutes from us in Avon CT , right now they are on a voluntary job & meditation retreat in a remote village in Thailand .I regard them as my family also .I’m not really close to my extended family back in Vienna due to family feud . Sometimes outsiders become family than the real family who turn their back .

I’m an independent architect and consultant engineer by profession, work for myself which is fun ( I can create my time to do what I want to do ) , traveling round and bidding for contract is the one thing I enjoy about what I do , Makes me see the world even on business trips I take time to sightsee . Currently on a work trip in Beijing bidding on a contract which is of an apartment and a shopping mall , waiting now to know the outcome of the bid and presentation .
          I called the Avon CT post office and no such person lives there. There is not such person listed with the state of Connecticut, not does anyone with this name have a permit or license to perform work in Connecticut as an Architect.
          He uses the name Nathan Russell – which is strange.Russellis one of the most famous and noble names in British history since the Conquest of 1066. Nathan is a Jewish name meaning to give.It is highly unlikely a person born and raised in Vienna would be given a Jewish name. Christianity is the predominant religion in Austria. 73.6% of the country’s population was Roman Catholic. The rest is mostly Lutheran.
          His email address is nath_russell@aol.com.He claims his cell phone number is 850-631-5822 which Area code 850 is in use for the Florida Panhandle, including Pensacola, Tallahassee and Panama City. [1] Area code 904 was used for the all of Florida north of the Orlando area from 11 July 1965, when 904 split from 305, until 904 itself was split in the mid-1990s. Permissive dialing for area code 850 began June 23, 1997 and mandatory dialing began March 23, 1998.It is not a cell phone at all but a landline.
          Be very careful he is very charming and very nice looking if in fact the photos are of him.